MANBECK’S ZION EVANGELICAL
Worshiping the Lord in Spirit and Truth
August 23, 2020
Norman Dixon, Pastor
Web Site: www.manbecks.org
Organ Prelude to prepare your heart for worship
Welcome and opportunities to Worship and Serve
Greet one another in the Name of Jesus
Call to Worship – Psalm 100
* Opening Chorus #219 Surely the Presence
* Opening Hymn #89 Jesus, the Very Thought of Thee
First Scripture: 1 Samuel 17:4-11
Praise Hymn #654 Change My Heart, O God
*Prayer Hymn #572 Blessed Assurance
Offering of Tithes and Gifts to the Lord
via offering plates in the back of the Sanctuary
Special Music – Congregational choice
Scripture: 1 Samuel 17:45-50
Sermon: “Goliath is no match for our living God”
* Hymn of response #624 His Eye Is on the Sparrow
* Recessional Response #235 Take the Name of Jesus (1st verse)
Leave to Serve
*Please Stand **Please kneel (if able)
“David didn’t need to know Goliath’s strength
because he already knew God’s.”
- Pig Roast Meeting 10:00 A.M.
- Newsletter 7:00 P.M.
- August 30 – Special Offering – Student Aid
- September 6 – Pig Roast meeting 10:00 A.M.
- September 13 – Building Fund Offering
- September 20 – Favorite Hymn sing Sunday
- September 23 – Bible Study resumes 7:00 P.M.
- September 25 – Newsletter 7:00 P.M.
- September 27 – Special Offering
Statistics: August 16, 2020
Attendance: Worship Service – 30
Worship Service – $1,448.00
Pig Roast will be held on September 12. Meetings will be held during the next few weeks.
At this date the Autumn Stroll is still going to be held.
The New Daily Bread for September-November is available.
Bible Study will resume on September 23 and we will begin by looking at Abraham.
- Hannah Bossler (10 yrs. old/Type 1 diabetes/kidneys becoming compromised)
- Caroline Zimmerman (health issues)
- Robert Trout Sr. (moved into hospice care)
- Carol (granddaughter in college at Pittsburgh)
- Betty (husbands health and salvation)
- Katie (veterinarian was in an accident)
- Carol (Treatment of Jenny)
- Kathy Price (fractured left forearm and she’s healing)
- Pray for our service men and women
- Those battling cancer:
Pastor Lloyd Yeager (prostate cancer)
Tim Ditzler – stage 4 pancreatic cancer Bob Kramer
MikeSis SaguskyJake Wolfe Rick Fidler
Cindy Segal (liver cancer)
Bill (Deb had 2nd round of radiation)
- Military: Zack Frankfort, Navy Keith Gillespie
Ashley Somers, Navy Caleb Reiter
Lois’s grandson, Kolby – Air Force
- Nursing home/Assisted living residents
Grace Kimmel Nancy Wildsmith
- Betty S. (Lord’s kept me all these years.
- Lois (the song, “He Hideth My Soul)
- Carol (daughter is 45 years old)
- Mrs. Lemke (Royale’s shark articles in the paper)
- Betty R. (Royale loves what she does)
- Week Day Church School
- Joe Toy (Street ministry in Philadelphia)
- Jamie and Anita Farr (Wycliffe in Florida)
- Robert and Bettina Schaeffer (L.I.F.E. Ministries in New York City)
- Wagner’s & Stoltzfus’s (Rift Valley Academy in Africa)