MANBECK’S ZION EVANGELICAL
Worshiping the Lord in Spirit and Truth
August 30, 2020
Norman Dixon, Pastor
Web Site: www.manbecks.org
Organ Prelude to prepare your heart for worship
Welcome and opportunities to Worship and Serve
Greet one another in the Name of Jesus
Call to Worship – Psalm 46:1-3, 10
* Opening Chorus #154 We Bow Down
* Opening Hymn #43 All Hail the Power (marked stanzas)
First Scripture: Luke 24:33-44
Praise Hymn #654 Change My Heart, O God
*Prayer Hymn #617 Near to the Heart of God
Offering of Tithes and Gifts to the Lord
via offering plates in the back of the Sanctuary
Special Music – Cathy & Ardella
Scripture: Psalm 2
Sermon: “God Laughs”
* Hymn of response #577 In Times like These
* Recessional Response #235 Take the Name of Jesus (1st verse)
Leave to Serve
*Please Stand **Please kneel (if able)
“Life is tragic for the person
who has plenty to live on,
but nothing to live for.”
- Special Offering – Student Aid
- Pig Roast meeting 10:00 A.M.
- September 11 – Pig roast prep at Flynns 5:00 P.M.
- September 12 – Pig roast 4:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M.
- September 13 – Building Fund Offering
- September 20 – Favorite Hymn sing Sunday
- September 23 – Bible Study resumes 7:00 P.M.
- September 25 – Newsletter 7:00 P.M.
- September 27 – Special Offering
Statistics: August 23, 2020
Attendance: Worship Service – 36
Worship Service – $958.00
Pig Roast will be held on September 12. Meetings will be held during the next few weeks.
At this date the Autumn Stroll is still going to be held.
The New Daily Bread for September-November is available.
Bible Study will resume on September 23 and we will begin by looking at Abraham.
Don’t forget to pick up your newsletter.
- Jen (kids going back to school. Pray for the kids with a mixed schedule, teachers and parents)
- Hannah Bossler (Type 1 diabetes/kidneys becoming compromised)
- Robert Trout Sr. (passed away in his sleep and now with the Lord)
- Betty (husbands health and salvation)
- Carol (Treatment of Jenny)
- Kathy Price (cast is off but now has a sinus infection)
- Pray for our service men and women
- Those battling cancer:
Pastor Lloyd Yeager (prostate cancer)
Tim Ditzler – stage 4 pancreatic cancer Bob Kramer
Mike Sis Sagusky Jake Wolfe Rick Fidler
Cindy Segal (liver cancer)
Bill (Deb had 2nd round of radiation)
- Military: Keith Gillespie Lois’s grandson, Kolby – Air Force
Ashley Somers, Navy Caleb Reiter
- Nursing home/Assisted living residents
Grace Kimmel Nancy Wildsmith
Edgar Bennett Caroline Zimmerman (health issues)
- Betty S. (for Betty and all she does)
- Betty R. (going to be a great-grandmother, Rory and Nichole)
- Deb (going to be a grandmother, Dave & Nichole and Caitlynn who will be moving home)
- Jen (her grandmother, age 94, a God-fearing woman who lived at home, died in her sleep and is now with the Lord)
- Jon F. (annoyed with a slow driver until he realized he has his cell phone on the tailgate)
- Brenda (good to be back at church and congregation)
- Week Day Church School
- Joe Toy (Street ministry in Philadelphia)
- Jamie and Anita Farr (Wycliffe in Florida)
- Robert and Bettina Schaeffer (L.I.F.E. Ministries in New York City)
- Wagner’s & Stoltzfus’s (Rift Valley Academy in Africa)