MANBECK’S ZION EVANGELICAL
Worshiping the Lord in Spirit and Truth
September 13, 2020
Norman Dixon, Pastor
Web Site: www.manbecks.org
Organ Prelude to prepare your heart for worship
Welcome and opportunities to Worship and Serve
Greet one another in the Name of Jesus
Call to Worship – Psalm 66:1-3
* Opening Chorus #107 Lord, I Lift Your Name on High
* Opening Hymn #139 Great is Thy Faithfulness
First Scripture: Acts 13:1-4 and Acts 36-40
Praise Hymn #681 In His Time
*Prayer Hymn #626 Lily of the Valley
Offering of Tithes and Gifts to the Lord
via offering plates in the back of the Sanctuary
Special Music – Congregational Favorite
Scripture: I Peter 5:12-13
Sermon: “John Mark”
* Hymn of response #597 Take My Life (marked stanzas)
* Recessional Response #235 Take the Name of Jesus (1st verse)
Leave to Serve
*Please Stand **Please kneel (if able)
“God never said He would not give us more than we can handle.
He said He would help us handle whatever we are given.”
- Building Fund Offering
- Favorite Hymn Sunday
- September 23 – Bible Study resumes 7:00 P.M.
- September 25 – Newsletter 7:00 P.M.
- September 27 – Special Offering/Christmas gift/Missionaries
- October 4 – Autumn Stroll meeting 10:00 A.M.
- October 11 – Building Fund Offering
- October 17 – Autumn Stroll
Statistics: September 6, 2020
Attendance: Worship Service – 35
Offering – $1,065.00
A big thanks to all who helped with the Pig Roast.
Large print Daily Bread for October-December are available.
Next Sunday is Favorite Hymn Sunday. This will be a time of a lay led worship with devotions, hymn stories, and congregational favorites. If your favorite hymn is not in the hymnal let Cathy know and we’ll try to find it.
Bible Study will resume on September 23 and we will begin by looking at Abraham.
Pastor Norm and Arti will be away this week.
For pastoral services please call Cathy.
- Betty (Nichol and Rory/serious pregnancy issues)
- Jen Flynn (suicide prevention week/especially for teens)
- Pastor Jim (Kathy traveling to TN to help daughter as she transitions back to work)
- Debbie (Caitlynn moving home)
- Hannah Bossler (Type 1 diabetes/kidneys becoming compromised)
- Betty (husbands health and salvation)
- Carol (Treatment of Jenny)
- Pray for our service men and women
- Those battling cancer:
Pastor Lloyd Yeager (prostate cancer)
Tim Ditzler – stage 4 pancreatic cancer Bob Kramer
Mike Sis Sagusky Jake Wolfe Rick Fidler
Cindy Segal (liver cancer)Carol Shira (last stages of cancer)
Bill (Deb had 2nd round of radiation)
- Military: Keith Gillespie Lois’s grandson, Kolby – Air Force
Ashley Somers, Navy Caleb Reiter
- Nursing home/Assisted living residents
Grace Kimmel Nancy Wildsmith
Edgar Bennett Caroline Zimmerman
- Betty (Mae is finally home and reunited with her loved ones)
- Harold (50 years of wedded bliss)
- Jen (Lily turned 12 and surviving the crazy school schedules)
- Donna (for the free breakfast and lunch for all school kids)
- Week Day Church School
- Joe Toy (Street ministry in Philadelphia)
- Jamie and Anita Farr (Wycliffe in Florida)
- Robert and Bettina Schaeffer (L.I.F.E. Ministries in New York City)
- Wagner’s & Stoltzfus’s (Rift Valley Academy in Africa)