MANBECK’S ZION EVANGELICAL
Worshiping the Lord in Spirit and Truth
September 27, 2020
Norman Dixon, Pastor
Web Site: www.manbecks.org
Organ Prelude to prepare your heart for worship
Welcome and opportunities to Worship and Serve
Greet one another in the Name of Jesus
Call to Worship – Psalm 103:1-5
* Opening Chorus #34 He Is Lord
* Opening Hymn #143 This Is My Father’s World
First Scripture: Judges 4:14-17
Praise Hymn #681 In His Time
*Prayer Hymn #635 In The Garden
Offering of Tithes and Gifts to the Lord
via offering plates in the back of the Sanctuary
Special Music – Congregational Favorite
Scripture: Judges 4:1-8
* Hymn of response #575 Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
* Recessional Response #235 Take the Name of Jesus (1st verse)
Leave to Serve
*Please Stand **Please kneel (if able)
“He who covets is always poor.”
- Special Offering/Christmas gift/Missionaries
- Bible Study/continuing with Abraham 7:00 P.M.
- World Wide Communion Sunday/individual at pews
- Autumn Stroll meeting 10:00 A.M.
- October 11 – Building Fund Offering
– Autumn Stroll meeting 10:00 A.M.
- October 17 – Autumn Stroll
- October 20 – Official Board Meeting 7:00 P.M.
- October 25 – Special Offering
– Fellowship Brunch
Statistics: September 20, 2020
Attendance: Worship Service – 21
Bible Study – 8
Offering – $3,616.00
Next Sunday is World Wide Communion and we will be doing it in a safe way by using individual packets distributed to the pew.
We will be returning to the book of Galatians on October 11th.
Don’t forget to pick-up your Newsletters.
You will find a slip in your bulletin requesting your favorite hymns or choruses. Pastor Norm will start incorporating them into the service.
- Baby boy Hardenstine, Nichol and Rory/continued growth)
- Lois (Grace, 5 year old with leukemia)
- Jon R. (Tim McMiller, cancer)
- Jon R. (Luke at E-Town and Granddaughter at Bloomsburg)
- Pastor Jim (Kathy traveling to TN to help daughter as she transitions back to work)
- Hannah Bossler (Type 1 diabetes/kidneys becoming compromised)
- Betty (husbands health and salvation)
- Carol (Treatment of Jenny)
- Pray for our service men and women
- Those battling cancer:
Pastor Lloyd Yeager (prostate cancer)
Tim Ditzler – stage 4 pancreatic cancer Bob Kramer
Mike Sis Sagusky Jake Wolfe Rick Fidler
Cindy Segal (liver cancer)Carol Shira (last stages of cancer)
Bill (Deb had 2nd round of radiation)
- Military: Keith Gillespie Lois’s grandson, Kolby – Air Force
Ashley Somers, Navy Caleb Reiter
- Nursing home/Assisted living residents
Grace Kimmel Nancy Wildsmith
Edgar Bennett Caroline Zimmerman
- Week Day Church School
- Joe Toy (Street ministry in Philadelphia)
- Jamie and Anita Farr (Wycliffe in Florida)
- Robert and Bettina Schaeffer (L.I.F.E. Ministries in New York City)
- Wagner’s & Stoltzfus’s (Rift Valley Academy in Africa)